Maintenance Generalist - 3rd Shift - Full Time - Portland, ME
Company: Tyson Foods
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job Details:At Tyson Foods, the safety of our team members is
our top priority. For that reason, successful applicants for this
position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their 45th
day of employment. Successful applicants will need to show proof of
at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before their start date
Position Description:We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for all
new hires. We have an open position for 3rd shift. If you are
looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson
Foods where we are raising the world's expectations for how much
good food can do! We create quality products in a safe environment
for our team members. We offer great benefits and competitive pay.
This facility operates five days a week and produces Barber Foods
Stuffed Chicken Breast products. POSITION SUMMARY: This position is
responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing all
equipment and company assets while maintaining a safe work
environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures.
- Preventively maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and
alters defective equipment.
- Provides maintenance on complex production equipment.
- Responsible for controlling inventory and requisitioning
- Performs maintenance checks on buildings and equipment.
- Maintains electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Operate industrial equipment (skyjack, forklift,
- Complies with company safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Performs general equipment repair and installation of safety
equipment when necessary.
- Teams with production staff to encourage proper use and care of
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include
lockout-tag out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in
designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling,
fall restraints, etc.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to
- Comply with all safety, food safety, GMP and SQF
- Must be willing to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and push up
to 100 pounds.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform any other work as assigned by supervisorREQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a minimum of (1) year of mechanic work experience
documented in the work history section of the application or be
graduate of an industrial maintenance training program. (can be a
combination of employers as long as experience is at least 1
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and
independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent
component failures or equipment down time
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime,
weekends and holidays.Relocation Assistance Eligible:No Work Shift:
3RD SHIFT (United States of America) Hourly Applicants ONLY -You
must complete the task after submitting your application to provide
additional information to be considered for employment. Tyson is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to race, national
origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or veteran status. CCPA Notice. If you
are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what
categories of personal information we collect when you apply for
this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA
Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.Required
Keywords: Tyson Foods, Portland , Maintenance Generalist - 3rd Shift - Full Time - Portland, ME, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!