Company: SHP Management Corp
Posted on: June 24, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Maintenance Technician is responsible for
assisting with the overall facilities maintenance under the
direction of the Assistant Superintendent or Building
Superintendent. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe position requires
performance in a wide range of areas to the buildings, grounds, and
equipment. It requires a working knowledge of the plumbing,
electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliance repair, grounds maintenance,
painting, flooring, etc. These functions are not limited to the
- Completion of work orders in a timely basis.
- Preparation of apartment turnovers within established
- Cleaning of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office
building, maintenance shop and grounds and keeping all areas clean
- Daily collection of debris on the property.
- Cleaning of parking lots and dumpster areas.
- Coordinating with Superintendent and/or Property Manager for
any unit inspections and follow-up with work orders to repair all
- Upon notification from the Maintenance Superintendent and/or
Property Manager, be available for emergency duty, such as snow
removal and in case of a fire or any other emergencies as defined
- Completing any incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence
(i.e. injuries, property damage, disturbances, etc.)
- Accepting maintenance requests only from Superintendent and/or
Property Manager. QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3 years experience in all facets of property maintenance
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, appliance
repair, maintenance, grounds maintenance, roofing, flooring, etc.
or the ability to learn this skill
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide
range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work
within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality
- Required to assist on an on-call rotation schedule
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts
and proper foot wear required PHYSICAL ABILITIESLift/Carry,
Push/PullStand 12 lbs. or less (F)Walk 11-20 lbs. (F)Sit 21-50 lbs.
(O) 26-40 lbs. (O)Handling/Fingering 51-100 lbs. (F) over 40 lbs.
(N)Reach Outward/Above Shoulder (F) over 100 lbs.(N)Climb
(N/A)Crawl (O) up to 33% of timeSquat/Kneel (F) up to 66% of
timeBend (C) more than 66% of timePI182625409
Keywords: SHP Management Corp, Portland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!