Company: Harbor Management
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Harbor Management is seeking to fill a full-time Maintenance
Technician for one of our properties in the Portland, ME area. The
maintenance technician will assist tenants with repairs needed in
their apartments as well as repairs to vacant units to turn-over
the unit to make it ready for occupancy. Competitive salary and
benefit package that includes a generous amount of paid holidays,
PTO, health/dental insurance, 401K plan, EAP (Employee Assistance
Program). Pre-employment background check & drug test required.
- Maintains physical condition of entire property. RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Maintenance Superintendent and/or On-Site
- Maintains relationships with other staff members.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and
professionals servicing the company or property.
RESPONSIBILITIES The activities listed below are not all inclusive.
However, they are indicative of the type of activities normally
performed by the maintenance superintendent.
- Prioritizes work orders;
- Follows up on work assignments for efficient, thorough
- Makes regular inspections of the property;
- Notifies management of maintenance problems and recommended
- Meets with on-site manager daily to report on status of all
- Keeps workshop or utility room clean, orderly, and safe;
- Obtains thorough knowledge of power, water, and gas turnoffs,
cleanout traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants;
- Assists in all aspects of the property's maintenance, including
grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency
- Maintains exterior and public lighting,
- Clears gutters and downspouts,
- Repairs structural wear and damage to buildings,
- Cares for lawn, plants, shrubs and flowers,
- Cleans parking areas, sidewalks, alleyways, hallways and common
- Prepares vacant apartments,
- Services appliances, equipment, plumbing, electrical system,
- Picks up trash on property,
- Cleans garbage area,
- Watches out for the unusual.
- Able to lift 20- 50 pounds
- Able to bend, kneel, stand for lengths of time QUALIFICATIONS
A. High school education or equivalent. B. Minimum three years
full-time maintenance experience. C. Willingness to perform any
task that is required. E. Good safety habits. F. Working knowledge
of electrical, plumbing and carpentry. G. Familiarity with HVAC
systems and various appliances. Harbor Management is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. PI191948869
Keywords: Harbor Management, Portland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!