Company: Ensign-Bickford Industries
Posted on: January 15, 2023
This opportunity is located within our EnviroLogix business that
develops and manufactures testing solutions for detecting GMOs,
mycotoxins, plant pathogens, natural toxins and chemical
contaminants in multiple agricultural matrices.Job
DescriptionResponsible for all aspects of shipping EnviroLogix
products and other materials, receiving inventory items and other
supplies, internal delivery of materials and storage, final kit
assembly, shipper relations, product label production, records
maintenance and other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
- Receiving, inspecting, and delivering shipments into
- Kit assembly and shipping of products to customers.
- Logging both additions to and withdrawals from inventory in the
accounting system and in Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintaining and updating the database of box and kit component
labels; producing labels as required.
- Providing shipping estimates and/or shipping tables for
coordination with accounting and sales
- Coordinating with accounting and other departments for the
smooth flow of goods both within EnviroLogix and to customers.
- Tracking and expediting time-critical shipments.
- Maintaining finished goods inventory as able to and
communicating projected needs for new inventory to appropriate
- Working with other departments to determine raw material needs
and filling out purchase orders as needed.
- Maintaining and organizing warehouse, production coolers and
shipping/receiving areas; clearly labeling all materials and
determining most efficient layout and work flows.Skills Required:
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to set/meet a high
quality of standards.
- Meticulous and timely documentation of lot and part numbers,
inventory, purchasing, receiving and quality assurance
- Facility with computer-based systems for shipping,
documentation and e-mail. Should be familiar with Microsoft Word,
Excel and Adobe Acrobat programs. Knowledge of FedEx, UPS and other
- Should be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work smoothly with a team,
cooperate with and support co-workers. Should be able to
communicate with customers, shipping companies and suppliers in a
- High School DiplomaEnviroLogix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran
Keywords: Ensign-Bickford Industries, Portland , Shipping/Receiving Assistant, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!