Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description: We offer excellent benefits including free medical
insurance and over six weeks of paid time off for full time
employees! Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing
provider with over 50 years of experience as a leader in affordable
housing development and property management in southern Maine and
New Hampshire. We have a mission to improve lives and strengthen
communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for
people in need. What we're looking for Avesta Housing is seeking an
organized team-player to fill our need for a Maintenance
Technician. This position will provide routine, emergency and
preventative building repair and maintenance including but not
limited to painting, electrical, plumbing and general repairs.
Successful Maintenance Technicians are typically self-motivated,
articulate, and well-versed in working with a team of maintenance
technicians and/or contractors in a housing setting. Excellent
communication skills are essential, as this position must
coordinate on a regular basis with management/coworkers, residents,
and subcontractors. Experience using technology is a plus, as this
position does require daily use for reporting purposes. Daily
travel is required and all technicians participate in our rolling
on-call calendar which requires overtime. Location: This position
will be based out Portland ME but will require travel throughout
Portland. Hourly: $20-$22 ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform routine, emergency, and preventative building repair
and maintenance not requiring a licensed professional, such as
painting, electrical, plumbing, and general repairs to the interior
and exterior of buildings, and regularly assesses safety and
security risks, property cleanliness, curb appeal, and capital
needs. Ensure that work is completed within established agency
- Manage ongoing maintenance of buildings and grounds, including
routing alarm testing, grounds maintenance, and oversight of
outside contractors, reporting any problems and/or issues to Plant
Operations Director and Maintenance Foreman.
- Ensure that grounds are safely maintained daily and in
compliance with 75 State Street standards, including maintenance in
the event of inclement weather such as snow removal, salting, and
sanding as necessary.
- Follow safety procedures and report hazards promptly.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment, updating
- Report maintenance issues to appropriate parties when unable to
repair in a timely manner.
- Prepare units within established timeframes between move out
and move-ins, including participating in move-out inspections and
developing plan for turnover work.
- Coordinate and communicate with subcontractors as
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules,
policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant
HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights. ADDITIONAL
- Ensure that all internal and external common areas are kept
clean in accordance with Agency policy.
- Embody core values of Avesta Housing at all times.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect,
support and safety for all members of the Avesta Housing community,
and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and
understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when
- Maintain good working relationships with residents and other
- Complete and maintain records, data, and information.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Available to work on-call schedule as needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to make decisions and use sound judgment.
- Possess basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and
general repair skills.
- Ability to complete necessary forms, including online
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact well with people.
- Ability to use tools, carry equipment and supplies and climb
ladders up to six feet in height.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated by a desire to render services to others.
- Flexibility to take on any task that will enhance the
livability and safety of 75 State Street and improve resident
- Capable of exercising individual initiative.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software as
- Comfort with technology in general in order to work with Agency
tools and systems, as well as building-specific controls and
systems. Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer
paid health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vested match,
flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short
term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous
earned time. Excellent working environment.
Keywords: Avesta, Portland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!