Construction Manager (Power & Transmission)
Company: The Judge Group
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Location: Portland, ME Description: Our client is currently
seeking a Construction Manager (Power & Transmission) This job will
have the following responsibilities:
- esponsible for management and performance of Field Construction
Managers for the construction of electric substations, transmission
lines, generation upgrades and other projects.
- Determine contract resource requirements, service
specifications and manage contractor performance.
- Manage activities related to coordination of field inspection
and sign offs for construction projects.
- Monitor and evaluate activities of outsourced Construction
companies to ensure adherence to safety, quality, schedules and
budgets, cost effectiveness and control, and results.
- Develop, review, and evaluate contracts and agreements
affecting the project execution and functional area operations and
make appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborate with management staff to resolve problems and
coordinate activities with the field construction managers.
- Ensure that construction management is integrated into the
planning, scheduling, cost tracking, construction, installation,
and testing and acceptance activities.
- Ensure Field Construction Managers obtain all construction
materials and material handling plans are established and
- Coordinate the transmission substations and lines construction
schedules with the other functional areas within the company.
- Provide constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical,
protection and civil construction standards.
- Research, recommend and implement changes as necessary to be
aligned with Standards and Business Area goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other business organizations, contractors, and
subject matter experts to resolve disputes and prioritize business
- Participate in the ongoing budget process to provide items,
manpower, and control of the construction budget.
- Participate in the transmission facilities construction
projects negotiations and joint planning efforts with other
- Help lead and collaborate the activities to address or remedy
substation and lines transmission system emergencies as
- Identify construction risk during the planning, execution and
construction phases and prepare risk mitigation plans.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Construction Management, or
equivalent education with 7 years relevant experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive related electric
utility industry experience, with functional area related
construction management experience preferred.
- Five (5) years' experience in a supervisory capacity
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project or Equivalent
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day-to-day
basis, attend meetings.
- Experience in the functional area under which it will be
contracted: Substations, T&D, Gas-Hydro, and OSG. Contact: This
job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on
the web at
Keywords: The Judge Group, Portland , Construction Manager (Power & Transmission), Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!