Veterans Preferred - Production Supervisor
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10031339 Production
Portland, ME - Filling industrial
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Production Supervisor - Plant
- Portland, ME
- 1st Shift
- Minimal travel required.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day to
day activities for a segment within the industrial, specialty and
medical distribution and gas filling operations of a production
location. This hands-on position assists with managing all gas
cylinder processing, ultrasonic testing, and compliance with all
Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Transportation
(DOT), Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA),
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), SAFECORE, and other business
related compliance activities.
- Partners with other Plant Supervisors to ensure smooth day-to-day
- Promotes a strong safety and compliance culture correcting unsafe
acts or conditions without delay and enforcing safety
- Assigns task to workers according to customers' needs, current
stock levels and worker's expertise.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour
requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and
use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Initiates or
suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue
production during personnel shortages or may fill- in as
- Provides assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning
and managing capital investments.
- Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- High school degree/GED required. Associate's degree or technical
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a
leadership role within a distribution environment preferred. Prefer
prior technical experience with compressed gases, gas analysis and
gas lab equipment.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to
leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication
skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and
others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open
expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication,
and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions
and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten
compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to focus objects.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp,
feel and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 125
pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk
of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal
weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging
from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and odors that may last
for long periods of time or on a continual basis
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Portland , Veterans Preferred - Production Supervisor, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!