Counter Sales Associate
Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Position Title: Counter Sales Associate
- Portland, ME
- Mon-Fri; 1st shiftHow will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Counter Sales position sells medical, industrial and specialty
gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers.
This position responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in
customers or those customers that call in. The Counter Sales
associate provides additional warehouse support as needed.In
particular, you will:
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers
assisting customers with identification of product needs and
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a
timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches
information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters
sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and
adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures.
Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory
stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store
merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales
area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety
procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as
it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended
to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to
meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Are you a MATCH?
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's
degree in Business, Welding Technology, or Sales preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service, retail or inside sales,
or inventory experience in a relatable industry.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry
- Proficient with Google Applications and/or MS Office; SAP
experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG,
TIG, and STICK WELDING preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the
purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Detail-oriented. Ability to problem-solve.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products.Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000
associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success,
sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to
share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.Airgas is a
subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies
and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78
countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.Join us for
a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of learning and
development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of
what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
environment.Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Portland , Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!